Reseller and Support Programmes
The Value Added Reseller (VAR) programme is the principle means of supporting our development and companion products, as well as adding value for both existing and new customers. It is intended primarily for PFXplus developers.
The Maintenance and Support programme is available for individual companion products and is open to all our customers.
As a developer and a member of the VAR Programme you will receive
- The comfort of complete security of your licence agreements and your relationship with your customer.
- Membership of the Maintenance and Support Programme with all its benefits.
- Substantial product discounts and protection against price rises, allowing you to plan ahead.
PFXplus Developers join our Value Added Reseller programme by signing a VAR agreement. The VAR agreement has the following key features.
- Access to the VAR Price List for PFXplus runtimes, which is at a substantial discount to the retail price list (currently 30%).
- Access to quantity discounts, which apply when a single order is placed and a single payment is made for the entire quantity.
- Access to a special VAR area on our web site and through this to the VAR price list, service packs and other downloads.
- The opportunity to link your Web site to our Web site and vice versa.
- Permission to use our marketing materials and logos in the promotion of your applications.
- Membership of the PFXplus Maintenance and Support programme.
- You must comply with the Deployment Rules in using any of our products. The current deployment rules can be downloaded here.
- You must maintain records documenting your compliance with the terms of the agreement and the deployment rules, which we may inspect solely for the purpose of verifying compliance.
- We may terminate your membership if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of the agreement or the deployment rules.
Detailed documentation about the VAR Programme can be downloaded here.
Top of Page
Maintenance and Support Programme
As a member of the Maintenance and Support Programme you will receive
- The best possible technical support available today and for as long as you need it.
- Ongoing access to updates and service packs for all products, protecting your valuable investment into the future.
The key features of the Maintenance and Support Programme are
- The Programme provides unlimited technical support by email and fax.
- Our response time to any support request will be as soon as possible but normally within 1 working day.
- Nominated contact persons with an urgent support problem may request telephone support during our office hours. We reserve the right to continue support by email or fax.
- Included in the programme at no charge is technical support for all corresponding runtimes purchased by the developer, and for earlier versions of development systems. For example, to receive support for a SCO Unix runtime it will be necessary to subscribe to a SCO Unix maintenance programme and to own a SCO Unix development system.
- Support is provided for issues related to original installation of products, product usage, PFXplus programming issues and general problems related to the operation of our software Products.
- Support that involves working with your application source code may incur an additional fee at our standard rates for such work.
- Support to persons who do not have the necessary basic level of skill in using our products may incur an additional fee at our standard rates for such work.
- Support will only be provided to nominated persons and for the units subscribed, for the term of the subscription.
- Each programme is composed of individual maintenance units. Each unit is for a single person and for a specified product, platform or feature.
- Each core development maintenance unit represents an entitlement for a nominated developer contact person to receive technical support and software updates (service packs, hot fixes and related documentation) for the specified development system and corresponding runtime system on that platform.
- Each auxiliary development maintenance unit represents an entitlement for a nominated developer contact person to receive technical support and software updates for the specified additional development system feature (such as Btrieve or SQL) and corresponding runtime system on that platform.
- Each companion product maintenance unit represents an entitlement for a nominated contact person to receive technical support and software updates for the specified companion product (such as PFXodbc) on that platform.
- Additional units can be purchased at any time.
- Where a specific product or platform combination has not been under a continuous maintenance programme, an additional free may be charged to enter or re-enter the programme and receive corresponding development and runtime system software updates.
Top of Page
VAR Programme Documents
Select from the following Powerflex VAR Programme documents to download.
For further details, please contact us by email, phone or fax.
Top of Page
Visit the VAR programme members only area here.